Capital Gains Tax

When you sell or otherwise disposes of an asset, such as shares and buy-to-let properties, you may be liable to Capital Gains Tax.

You may also have to pay capital gains tax if you are selling or transferring a business.

Business assets that may be subject to capital gains tax are:

  • Shareholdings in privately owned trading companies
  • Goodwill associated with a business that is run by a sole trader or partnership.
  • Commercial property

The most popular capital gains tax service we offer is calculating your current exposure to this tax, then discussing your option for restructuring your affairs to reduce this tax.

There are reliefs that may be available and ways of planning your affairs to reduce and defer any potential tax liabilities.

What’s Next

Book your FREE one hour consultation